“Girls are not liabilities or burdens, they are valuable assets.”
“She brings fortune, not misery.”
“She is the creator, not the destroyer.”
“The girl is the most precious jewel, save her from any cataclysm.”
After God, she has the potential to give birth to a new life.
· If a family celebrates the birth of a boy, then why does the same family express sorrow over the birth of a girl?
if a boy is given sumptuous food and clothes, new toys and the opportunity to go to school, then why is the girl discriminated against in her right to live?
Why is she killed or aborted at birth simply because she is a girl, not a boy?
· Why should women in our country not be treated on a par with men?
Why is she always on the receiving end?
why has all the excitement ceased, when a girl is born again.
Why are most people desperate to have a girl?
How will life go on, if the seeds of life are being cut off by society itself?
Why are women considered the weaker sex?
· Why does this difference between a man and a woman still exist in our country that has witnessed great progress in all fields?
In the past, women were treated as workers in the mother house, expected to be tied to the four walls of the house and only take care of housework. But, time has changed. Like the men, she could excel in all fields. India has tremendous examples of women who have risen from the ashes and made the country proud.
Various sex determination techniques such as biopsy, sonograms, ultrasounds, scan tests, and amniocentesis were introduced to detect fetal abnormalities. Unfortunately, these tests were used as a tool by number of families to detect the sex of the unborn child.
The states of Punjab and Rajasthan have accounted for the highest number of abortions each year. According to sources, around 75,000 girls are aborted each year.
Despite all the strict laws framed to curb this undesirable practice of killing an innocent girl, this heinous crime continues unabated in the desire for a male child/heir. If this practice continues at this unbridled rate, then that day will not be far off, when our mother earth will have no girl, no daughter, no woman to give birth to and ultimately she will have no life on earth.
In addition to female infanticide and female feticide, women are discriminated against and deprived of the fundamental rights of education, freedom, empowerment, food, to live a life with dignity and honor at all stages of life.
Due to financial constraints, many couples prefer a planned pregnancy. In such cases, the first prenatal visit actually occurs before the actual pregnancy, whether one is ready to go off birth control pills and conceive a baby.
The desire to have a son with the belief that he will become our caretaker and a source of strength in old age, the demand for a heavy dowry, and the patriarchal structure of a society are considered the main reasons for rejecting and eroding the value Of a girl.
It is important to promote significant changes in society’s attitudes and perceptions regarding women in all areas. On the one hand, we worship women on a par with God. On the other hand, we made her suffer various kinds of atrocities like dowry deaths, sati, sexual abuse, domestic violence, female infanticide and female feticide.
The girl is not a curse for society. She is one of the most beautiful and precious gifts from God. She is the most beautiful creation on this earth. She carries within her the beginning and the end. Patience and tolerance are the two important virtues granted by God to women, they help her to bravely face the problems of society.
Education is the basic human right that is vital for personal and social development and well-being.
“You educate a man, you educate a person, you educate a woman, you educate a whole family.”
Sex determination is a criminal offence; still this practice is spreading like a virus. The following measures will prove very helpful in putting an end to this heinous crime.
1. Raise awareness about the situation and the basic rights of education.
2. The denial of education further aggravates the problem of girls. Education enables you to think wisely, make rational decisions, act quickly, learn respect, develop civic sense, judge independently, and be a good citizen.
3. Effective compliance and implementation of prenatal and preconception diagnostic techniques. The government has also established a state inspection and monitoring committee to conduct field visits and crack down on those who run unregistered institutions and those who break the law.
4. Recognize the need, importance and value of a girl child by launching various awareness campaigns on sex selection tests.
5. The innate possessive hunger of a male child in his offspring has to go.
6. There is a great need to join hands and stand together as brother and sister to put an end to this evil/social crime.
7. Complement the efforts of the government and various women’s organizations to maintain a healthy gender balance in society.
8. Take strong action and act quickly to reduce the misuse of preconception and antenatal techniques.
9. Develop and implement innovative new approaches to combat the threat.
10. Seek constructive solutions to restore and maintain the child-sex ratio.
11. Create a society that celebrates the birth of both genders equally.
Help us spread the message:-
gentle race of humanity is in danger. Protect her.
the son is a son until he takes a wife, but the daughter remains a daughter for the rest of her life.
daughter is the knot that unites two families.
save the beautiful cocoon from withering and dying.
happy girl needs our help and support.
· Where would you be from in this world if your mother was not allowed to be born and murder?